The 9 Best Fitness Foods
1. Coffee: Take a cup of coffee before you start to workout. The caffeine present in coffee blocks the pain-processing adenosine, so you will not stop your workout due to aches. Hold the froth and sprinkles.
2. Whole wheat Pasta: Carbs are responsible for maintaining the muscle’s glycogen levels. Whole wheat has 3 very healthy elements in it namely bran, germ and endosperm. Whole wheat pasta has more fiber compared to white. It’s a good choice for runners who try to lose weight.
3. Salmon: Salmon is highly rich in omega-3s which helps in bringing down your oxygen demand when exercising. It also reduces “bad” cholesterol in the body. Salmon is packed with various nutrients and has lots of other health benefits.
4. Spinach: This iron rich vegetable has the ability to convert protein into muscles. Spinach with its high amino acid glutamine content can increase growth hormone levels and levels of protein synthesis, boosting leucine in muscle tissue. It also strengthens the immune system.
5. Probiotic Yogurt: The good bacteria present in yogurt boost your immune system that gets weakened by endurance exercise. It also helps in improving your digestion.
6. Cherry Juice: Cherry juice reduces inflammation and oxidative stress.
7. Ginger: Do your muscles ache after exercise? Then take ginger. Ginger which is an anti-inflammatory root reduces the muscles pain by 25% when consumed regularly.
8. Cornflakes: Having a cup of cornflakes with skimmed milk will replenish your energy after workout. It acts like a sports drink. Nice taste, too.
9. Beetroot: The perfect stamina booster that will help you to continue your workout for 16% percent longer duration. It’s because of its high nitrate content. You can take beetroot juice or just make a salad.
10. Replace all the above with bacon, ice cream, Taco Bell, and more bacon.